What kind of door should I buy?
Insulated or non-insulated -- it all depends on various factors, including:
- Is the garage attached to the house, and is the rest of the garage insulated?
- Are there rooms above the garage?
- Will the garage get direct sunlight? If so, will it heat up the door and transfer heat to the garage and the rest of the house?
- How important is having a quiet door to you? If you want it to be quiet, you'll probably want a steelback insulated door, since non-insulated doors tend to rattle as they go up and down in the track.
What is Your Service Area?
We proudly serve the East Bay area, including:
- San Ramon
- Walnut Creek
- Pleasant Hill
- Vallejo Crockett
- El Sobrante
- El Cerito
What maintenance is suggested for my garage or overhead door?
While we suggest a certified professional undertake any major repairs, there are some steps you can take to maintain your door. They are:
- Periodically lubricate your garage or overhead door track. Call us to determine the best methods for lubricating your specific door.
- Clean the frame’s weather stripping with vinyl cleaner and lubricate it once every other month with an appropriate product to keep the stripping pliable.
- Inspect the rollers every six months and replace any that are worn or broken, or call us and have us replace them.
- If you have a painted door, periodically paint the exterior to help protect it from the elements.
What kind of guarantee does Alhambra Garage Doors offer?
Since we only install top-quality products with upgraded springs and hardware, we offer 10 years on labor and hardware. All the brands of doors we carry offer limited lifetime warranties on the panels. Marantec openers include a lifetime guarantee on all parts except remotes.
Do you carry wood doors?
Yes. We carry a full line of wood sectional doors and Carriage House doors, made of both steel and wood, that can be decorated to look like an old-fashioned barn door.
Does Alhambra Garage Doors accept credit cards?
Yes. We accept Visa and Mastercard.
What are your business hours?
Our regular business hours are 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM Monday through Friday and 9 AM - 1 PM on Saturday.
How much room is needed for a normal installation?
Three inches on each side for the track and thirteen inches headroom above the door, eight inches back. Alhambra Garage Doors provides a free estimate of the current space.